Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So little time...




By the time i do my next post i will have probably handed in my Thesis film... that alone is a very scary thought.

About a month left before judgement day!

Right now i am compositing & editing which is proving to take a very long time.

I also had the chance to go to the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMa recently and found it to be really amazing. I highly suggest everyone go to see this exhibit, be sure to get tickets a good week in advance though, they go so fast. Going to the exhibit inspired me to draw straight from my head and just draw whatever the hell came out of my pencil. I put some of the sketches in this post.

Ugly Americans premiere is tommorrow! It will be on Comedy Central Wensday the 17th at 10:30 pm after South Park. Watch it! I worked mostly on the pilot so a lot of my stuff will be in the premiere episode tomorrow and it is gonna be really funny i promise.

Well wish me luck as i enter the Final Countdown!

Movies i watched since my last post

  • Thumbsucker (7.5/10) Pretty good coming of age film, especially like Keanu Reave's character.
  • The Wrath Of Kahn (7/10) Very dramatic Star Trek film, should be seen only after seeing the original Star Trek episode it follows "Demon Seed"
  • Star Trek (8.5/10) Not being a huge Star Trek guy myself i gotta say i absolutely loved this film. It reintroduces the series and characters in such a fresh, exciting, and clever way while sticking true to its roots.
  • Mysterious Skin (7.5/10) One of those films that is really hard to watch more then once, lots of disturbing scenes and themes in this film that are hard to take in. A strong and powerful film that I probably will not watch again.
  • Halo Legends (7/10) Most the shorts range from bad to alright with the exception of "Odd Man Out" which is absolutely hilarious. Its a total satire of DBZ and Power Rangers but Halo style.
  • Ponyo (7/10) Certainly not Miyazaki's best film in regards to story and characters. But visually it is incredible, in this regard it could be his best looking film. Overall if you can just look at it as pure fun and nothing more you will enjoy it a lot.
  • Waking Sleeping Beauty (7.5/10) A very interesting look into Disney's come back. The film feels very personal and really gives insight into the people at Disney and the drama between them.

2 comments:

  1. what a list, i have so much to watch, i still need to pay my visit to the museum too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when am I gonna be able to see this thesis? If you can`t post it online you gotta ftp that isht to me or something. Looking forward to it! (It better be good Brian ... My time is like precious diamonds, if you waist it so help me god *squinty stare*)

    ReplyDelete